Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why Voting is Important




I have once again entered into the StartupNation Home-Based 100 competition. Last year, I got an Honorable Mention, which was okay, but I want more. I want to win! To do this, I need YOU to VOTE!

What will I win? Well, according to the StartupNation.com site:

-----------
First off, the publicity is priceless. We know that awareness and driving traffic to your business is one of the biggest challenges for any business owner. Winners of the Home-Based 100 find themselves at the center of a media storm that includes recognition on national and local TV, radio, in newspapers and magazines, and on some of the largest, most influential websites on the web, MSN and StartupNation among them.

In addition, entering your business enables you to engage your website visitors, email database and business contacts with an exciting announcement that you’re a Home-Based 100 contestant. By encouraging them to vote for you and support your quest to be a winner, you provide them with an engaging and fun way to participate in your success. This can help you create deeper loyalty and affinity, which ultimately can lead to business opportunities and increased revenue.

Lastly, being named a winner and displaying the digital winner’s emblem on your website and in your emails will not only a source of pride for you, but also adds immense credibility to your site, your brand and your business. It’s a huge achievement to be selected from among the millions of home-based businesses, and your customers will recognize and respect this immediately.
-----------

I could use all the help I can get with publicity. PR is not one of those hats I wear well. Getting noticed is hard to do in this line of work as it is. The money involved, as high as $4,000 per month, to get someone to run a PR campaign on our behalf is just not in our budget. What I can do though, is get friends, family, and fans to help us rise to the top. I can't do it alone. I NEED You! So please, vote daily.
There are 101 voting days left. That's 101 times you could help us win. And it's so easy to vote. Just go to http://bit.ly/dsvote and click on the vote now button. That's it! That's all there is to it. To make it even easier, you could sign up for the daily email reminder to vote. They won't send you anything but that daily email. All you do is VOTE and together WE WIN!
Oh please don't make me beg...

0 comments: